The Doble M5400 SFRA sends an excitation signal into the transformer and measures the returning signals. Comparing this response to baseline readings and results from similar units allows you to identify deviations and confirm internal mechanical problems.
The Doble M5400 reduces the uncertainty about apparatus condition by providing solid evidence of mechanical integrity or winding movement. Use it to help determine how a transformer is deteriorating, if it can go back in service after a fault or if it has been damaged during transit.
- Instrument sends excitation signals to transformer and measures the returning signals across a broad frequency range
- Provides a frequency response measurement from 10 Hz to 25 MHz
- Measures frequency response at logarithmically spaced intervals of 1.2%
- Auto-scales each frequency measurement for an overall dynamic range of 80 dB with a ±1 dB accuracy
- Highest combination of dynamic range and accuracy available